If you’re interior-obsessed like me, then your Instagram feed is no doubt bursting with beautiful images of flawlessly styled rooms, epic architecture and the most inviting, perfectly made beds! There is an abundance of incredible interior accounts out there, but my favourite ones to follow are the home-grown ones, curated by our very own Australian style gurus. Here are 7 of the accounts currently taking up all my time (in no particular order):
1. Oh Eight Oh Nine
- The talent: Tarina Lyell, Perth based blogger, interior stylist and photographer
- Filled with: The most gorgeous photos of Tarina’s own home. She is constantly tweaking and refreshing her spaces, and everything she does is styling perfection.
- Look out for: Pics of Tarina’s beautiful master bedroom and her son Chet’s bedroom – a toddler’s dream come true!
- What’s the vibe?: Warm and homely and brimming with texture, bouquets of flowers and soft, pared back colours.
- Check it out: @oh.eight.oh.nine
2. The Stables
- The talent: Catherine Heraghty, Sydney based interior stylist
- Filled with: Beautiful photos of Catherine’s own home as well as those of her lucky clients
- Look out for: Shaggy pupper brothers Angus and Hamish, the perfect styling element!
- What’s the vibe?: Warm and homely, featuring a lovely soft muted colour palette and lots of natural materials, textures and blooms.
- Check it out: @the_stables_
3. Annette O'Brien
- The talent: Annette O’Brien, Melbourne based photographer specialising in interiors
- Filled with: Professionally taken and beautifully styled imagery that is not only magazine worthy, but also magazine featured!
- Look out for: Annette’s amazing work in well-loved interior mags such as Adore Magazine and Home Beautiful.
- What’s the vibe?: Light and bright. Annette has a gift for capturing light in a way that makes spaces feel real, natural and relaxed and yet perfectly polished at the same time.
- Check it out: @annetteobrien
4. Haus of Cruze
- The talent: Az De La Cruz, Melbourne based interior stylist and photographer
- Filled with: Photos of Az’s Scandi-butch home, other places that he’s styled, and an adorable little Cavoodle named Bella (with her very own account - @hausofbella_)
- Look out for: Az’s cheeky and hilarious captions, they are gold! See my personal fave below…
- What’s the vibe?: Fresh, bright, and relaxed. There’s an abundance of gorgeous greenery and soft furnishings in fifty-one shades of grey.
- Check it out: @hausofcruze
5. Villa Styling
- The talent: Louise Roche, interior stylist and photographer who bounces between Brisbane and Sydney
- Filled with: Beautiful and serene spaces that transport you to dreamy tropical holidays, lounging in lazy hammocks and sipping cocktails.
- Look out for: Louise’s light-drenched studio, where she creates many of her incredible spaces.
- What’s the vibe?: White and bright, with laidback, relaxed seaside feels. Also features tons of warm wood and greenery.
- Check it out: @villastyling
6. BuildHer Collective
- The talent: Rebeka Morgan and Kribashini Hannon, founders of the Melbourne based company that runs an online course to help women manage their own reno or build and get the home of their dreams
- Filled with: Pics of drool worthy spaces and incredible architecture
- Look out for: All those matte black window frames, stairs and balustrades – LOVE!
- What’s the vibe?: Clean, contemporary and super stylish
- Check it out: @buildhercollecive
7. Monica Bean Interiors
- The talent: Monica Bean, Sydney based interior designer
- Filled with: Gorgeous spaces that Monica has designed and styled, as well as pics of her own home scattered throughout.
- Look out for: A recent collaboration between Monica Bean Interiors and The Palm Co (@the,palm.co), joining forces to offer interior design, styling and photography services – looking forward to seeing some incredible pics from this collab!
- What’s the vibe?: Warm and inviting. These beautiful images feature loads of wood and natural light and the styling is relaxed, effortless and genuine.
- Check it out: @monicabeaninteriors
So get your double-tapping fingers warmed up and ready for action as you scroll through these amazing and addictive Australian interior Insta accounts. Warning: side effects include extreme house envy and inspo overload.
Inspired to give your home a refresh? Browse our beautiful range of furniture and homewares now and update your home with some gorgeous new pieces.
Banner image: Styling by Nathan + Jac in collaboration with Simone Haag and photography by Annette O’Brien