It’s no secret that we’re house-proud in Australia – our infatuation with home renovation shows and our obsession with interiors and homewares has led to a plethora of design and interior blogs launching into cyberspace. Love a great read, some DIY advice or some styling inspiration? Check out these 5 amazing Australian blogs that you need to be following (in no particular order):
1. We Are Scout
- In a sentence: Design-led craft, interiors inspiration & curated goodness
- Est: 2015
- Brainchild of: Lisa Tilse (previously of The Red Thread), a designer and self-described creative slashie
- Read if you love: DIY craft tutorials, trends and finds, artist profiles and beautifully photographed home tours
- Why so special?: Lisa’s love of craft and creativity practically leaps off the screen! She is passionate about sharing the stories of creators, and inspiring readers to do some creating of their own. We Are Scout is generous with sharing skills and advice, and includes free craft and DIY tutorials and printables.
- Words to live by: “Making with our hands and heart is necessary for our wellbeing.” – Lisa Tilse
- Check it out: http://www.we-are-scout.com/
2. Dot + Pop
- In a sentence: Beautiful spaces and stand out imagery
- Est: 2014
- Brainchild of: Eve Gunson, celebrity hair and make-up artist
- Read if you love: Renovations, architecture, interviews, interior design inspiration and children’s homewares
- Why so special?: The photos featured in Dot + Pop are simply beautiful – magazine cover worthy, Pinterest-worthy and drool-worthy! If you were ever lacking inspiration, this is the place to go to for trend forecasts, practical advice, and did we mention the gorgeous photos??
- What’s in a name?: The name Dot + Pop is homage to Eve's grandmother Dottie – she was known fondly as Dot, but her husband affectionately called her Pop.
- Check it out: https://www.dotandpop.com.au/
3. The Interiors Addict
- In a sentence: Style without the snobbery
- Est: 2011
- Brainchild of: Jen Bishop, former journo and magazine editor
- Read if you love: House tours, The Block recaps, interviews, styling news, expert tips and beautiful vignettes
- Why so special?: While Jen might not have any interior design qualifications, she has a natural gift and a genuine passion for all things design. Her journalism background has given her the unique ability to bring her interviewees’ stories to life, and her relaxed, unostentatious style of writing is approachable and enjoyable to read.
- Don’t take it from us: “Interiors Addict is an entertaining, well-navigated, informed and credible voice in Australian interior design.” - Neale Whitaker, judge on The Block
- Check it out: https://theinteriorsaddict.com/
4. Katrina Chambers (Life & Design)
- In a sentence: Interiors, DIY and life
- Est: 2012
- Brainchild of: Katrina Chambers, former contestant on The Block
- Read if you love: Styling how-tos, floor plans, easy DIY projects and of course, The Block recaps
- Why so special?: Katrina is extremely real, open and down-to-earth, sharing not only her tips on home styling and decorating, but also giving detailed ideas and advice on blogging for those interested in starting a blog of their own. Katrina’s relatable, easy to read, no-nonsense writing style has made her blog an Aussie favourite.
- Real life Superwoman: As if her hugely successful blog doesn’t keep her busy enough, Katrina also offers styling and design services, gives floorplan advice and designs websites!
- Check it out: https://www.katrinaleechambers.com/
5. The Stylist Splash
- In a sentence: Genuine, stylish inspiration for interiors, lifestyle, fashion and food
- Est: 2013
- Brainchild of: Yvette Wilson
- Read if you love: Styling ideas, fashion, craft projects, healthy cooking, kids styling and new product finds.
- Why so special?: Yvette’s blog offers real practical advice, and she invites readers into her life by including many posts and pics of her own home. This unpretentious blog is a great all-rounder, covering so much more than interiors, but its crowning glory is Yvette’s perfect vignette styling – just gorgeous!
- Honourable mention: Not surprisingly, Yvette’s beautiful vignette styling has won her a place in The Interior Addict’s Roll of Honour for winning their 7 Vignette’s competition.
- Check it out: http://thestylistsplash.com.au/
So what are you waiting for? Grab yourself a cuppa, curl up on an armchair with your tablet and get inspired today!
Ready to shop? Browse our gorgeous homewares range now and update your home with some new pieces.
Banner image source: Home Beautiful Magazine, Styling by Stephanie Powell + photography by Chris Warnes