Husband and wife team Charles and Ray Eames are considered amongst the most influential designers of the 20th century, making groundbreaking contributions in many fields, not the least being furniture design. Their style was sleek and modern, while at the same time being playful and ever functional. They have left us with an impressive legacy, and a long list of iconic and timeless designs still popular today.
This replica Eames Lounge + Ottoman is a tribute to Charles and Ray Eames' original, which was inspired by their desire to create a modern version of the English club chair. An icon of American design, their lounge made use of the moulded plywood technology that they had pioneered in the 1940s, and their vision was to create "the warm, receptive look of a well-used first baseman's mitt." Our replica is made from a moulded plywood shell, in the same thickness and curve as the original design. The wooden shell consists of 7 layers of birch plywood, with a palisander wood veneer. The cushions feature durable and comfortable injection moulded polyurethane foam, upholstered in premium aniline leather, and true to the original, can each be removed. This elegant chair sits atop a black lacquered aluminium swivel base, with the ottoman attached to a non-swiveling version. Supremely stylish and universally recognised, this lounge would bring ultimate comfort and a regal sophistication to any home.
Please note that colours may vary slightly to what is pictured here. Variations in colour and grain are due to the natural characteristics of leather and wood, and contribute to the uniqueness of each piece.
- Timeless, iconic mid-century modern design
- Robust, sturdy construction that is built to last, featuring moulded plywood shells in the same thickness and curve as the original chair - with 7 layers of birch plywood and finished in palisander wood veneer
- Fine craftsmanship and detailing, such has hand tufted cushions
- Upholstery in premium aniline leather, including on all buttons and piping. Aniline is a high-grade leather that is fine, supple and luxuriously soft
- Removable cushions, made from injection moulded foam for supreme comfort
- Die cast aluminium alloy base, polished on the top and lacquered in matte black on the sides
- 5 star swivel base for chair and 4 star non-swivel base for ottoman
- Height adjustable, metal gliders on feet
- Rubber shock mounts between the plywood shell and die cast aluminium spine to offer some flex to the chair
- Hard wearing clear lacquer finish on the plywood shell
Chair: 82cm (W) x 88cm (D) x 83cm (H)
Ottoman: 66cm (W) x 54cm (D) x 43.5cm (H)
|Assembly||Minimal assembly required, just attach the bases to the chair and ottoman and your lounge is ready to enjoy|
|Other||All of our replica pieces have been created to uphold the intent of the original designs, from the premium materials used, to the intricate detailing and handcrafting involved. Please note that while we have strived to faithfully reproduce this piece to honour the genuine Eames Lounge + Ottoman, it is our replica version and not associated with the designer or distributor of the licensed original.|
We deliver our products by courier to ensure that your package will arrive safe and sound. Because of this, there needs to be a person present at your specified delivery address during standard business hours to receive and sign for the goods.
Alternatively, at the time of placing your order, you can give permission for the courier to leave the package at your front door, side gate, back porch etc… if no one is home at the time of delivery. Please do not list a PO Box, as couriers can only deliver to a physical address.
If the address is unattended at the time of delivery the courier will simply leave a note card which you can use to either arrange a pick-up from their closest depot, or organise a redelivery of the item (charges may apply and are paid directly to the courier company).
We aim to dispatch all items within 3 business days of an order being placed, and delivery itself should take anywhere between 1 – 6 business days depending on where you are having it sent. Once dispatched, you’ll receive an email with a tracking number so that you can track the whereabouts of your parcel online via our courier company’s website.
As a guide, shipping times to Australian metro cities are generally as follows:
- Metro Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide: 1 – 2 business days
- Metro Brisbane and Canberra: 2 – 3 business days
- Metro Hobart: 2 – 4 business days
- Metro Perth: 5 – 6 business days
Please note that the above timeframes are our courier’s estimates only, and delivery times may vary during busy periods.
Please enter your postcode into the postage calculator above to find out what the delivery charge for this item would be, based on the quantity that you’ve selected.
Our furniture items are designed and manufactured to ensure the highest standards of quality and performance, and all come with a 2 year limited warranty against defects due to faulty materials or workmanship. Conditions apply and full details of our product warranty can be found here.
Our homeware items that we source from Australian wholesalers carry the supplier’s 1 year manufacturer warranty.
If you have any problems at all with an item that you’ve purchased from us, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll take care of it for you.